(CNN) -- A Maryland man recently died of rabies that he contracted after undergoing an organ transplant more than a year ago, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday. Health care teams are now giving anti-rabies shots to three other patients who received organs from the same donor as the Maryland man, the CDC says.
More Health News
- Health care kids get varies town to town
- Mental health bill pushed in Congress
- Health care law: A 'stay out of jail free' card?
- FDA hopes to curb antibiotic use on farms
- Health care sign-ups hit 365,000
- Photo-taking may hinder memories
- Soda sales are losing their fizz
- What you need to know about advance directives
- Quit-smoking drugs safe for your heart