(CNN) -- A Maryland man recently died of rabies that he contracted after undergoing an organ transplant more than a year ago, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday. Health care teams are now giving anti-rabies shots to three other patients who received organs from the same donor as the Maryland man, the CDC says.
More Health News
- Climate change = more heat deaths
- Where have Europe's nurses gone?
- Boys with ADHD may become obese adults
- Cloning stem cells: What does it mean?
- Trust your memory? Maybe you shouldn't
- Better Sleep Month: sleep tips
- GOP: IRS scandal one more strike against health care law
- Amputee Aimee Copeland uses new bionic hands
- 5 things to know about SARS-like virus