(CNN) - Keith Urban is having a moment.
The Australian-American musician was nominated for seven Academy of Country Music Awards on Thursday, including entertainer of the year, male vocalist of the year and album of the year.
Urban's 2016 album "Ripcord" -- his first album in three years -- has been a critical success with a string of hits including "Blue Ain't Your Color."
Urban will face off against Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line and Carrie Underwood for entertainer of the year.
Miranda Lambert scored six nominations, including female vocalist of the year, album of the year and single of the year for her hit, "Vice."
The 52nd Annual ACM Awards will air April 2 on CBS.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizare car crash