MADISON, Wis. - A documentary about the stabbing of a Waukesha girl in an effort to please a fictional character called Slenderman is due out next year.
HBO released a trailer for the documentary called "Beware the Slenderman" on Thursday and said the film will premiere Jan. 23.
Two teenage girls are accused of luring Payton Leutner, 13 at the time, into a wooded area in Waukesha in May 2014 and stabbing her 19 times. Payton survived the attack, and the two girls accused in the case were charged as adults with attempted first-degree intentional homicide in the attack.
The girls claimed they attacked Payton as a sacrifice to the horror character called Slenderman.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Bridge in Buffalo County collapses, causes car crash
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants